Mission Trips to Hato Del Yaque
This page contains basic introductory information and answers to frequently asked questions for the mission trips we lead on behalf of First Christian Church of Fort Myers, FL and GO Ministries of Louisville, KY to the small community of Hato Del Yaque in the Dominican Republic.
Upcoming Mission Trip Dates to Hato Del Yaque for 2014
- July 1st - 8th (all ages)
Basic Information and FAQ
- Informational Flyer from our previous trip with the youth
- Informational Flyer from our sending agency GO Ministries with some additional FAQ about these trips
Links to Photos and Videos from Previous Trips
- Spring 2012 Trip (Construction)
- Summer 2012 Trip (mix construction and vacation bible school)
- Fall 2012 Trip Video (mix construction and children's ministry)
- Go Ministries Website (our partnering organization)
Planning Underway for Summer 2014 Trip
July 1st -8th
Cost of Trip
$750 + Airfare per person (budget for total cost between $1200-1300)
Mixed Trip to include:
- Construction project team
- Medical ministry team
- Children's ministry team
The best way of raising funds for a mission trip is to simply ASK. Ask your friends, family, co-workers ... anyone you know to help support you on this trip, and give them the blessing of being a part of the experience and God's mission. We may or may not do group fundraising, depending on the need and willingness of those in the group to do a group fundraising activity. Please do not let funding stop you from signing up for the trip. God has always come through for everyone who has wanted to go down in the past.
We need to have firm commitments on who is going on the Summer Trip no later than March 15th, so we can begin making plans for the trip. The pay schedule for the trip will be as follows (although you are welcome to pay all at once as well).
- March 16 - $200 initial deposit (refundable if you change your mind before flights are booked)
- April 20 - $300 installment (along with initial deposit, this cover airfare, to be purchased at this time and will then be non-refundable)
- May 18 - Installment Due $300
- June 15 - Installment Due $350-400 (estimate, depending on flight cost)
- A Valid Passport for international travel
- Immunizations. Chat with your doctor, we recommend at a minimum an up to date tetanus, your doctor may have additional recommendations
- A willingness to work as God calls us for this trip and to be flexible with joining His story
- Open to all ages. Approval required for all Children 8 and under
If you have interest in attending any of our upcoming mission trips to Hato Del Yaque in the Dominican Republic please Contact Brian for additional information or with additional questions. You may also contact us via Facebook.
You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way,let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven. (Matthew 5:13-16 NIV)
SaltTee gives 100% of all profits from each t-shirt directly to ministry. Too often ministries fail for lack of funding. In other instances precious time is taken away from the ministry to search for support. Our concept, was to use our knowledge of business to deliver a premium product to raise financial support for ministry in Hato del Yaque, Dominican Republic.
SaltTee was built and is run completely by volunteers. There are no salaries, rent or design costs. All marketing is via word of mouth, social media or is subsidized by business partners. The only cost in each SaltTee shirt is material, screen printing and shipping. This allows us to deliver a premium t-shirt at an affordable price and give the maximum amount of support to ministry.
Each t-shirt comes with a story and is designed to encourage the question "what does that shirt mean?" When your new SaltTee shirt arrives, it will include the story behind the shirt with your shipment. You are invited to share this story, or if you prefer, you can direct those who ask to SaltTee.com where they can read the story for themselves.